People have been using Niacin for years to prevent heart attacks, treat high cholesterol and flush out toxins. Some people also swear that taking excessive amounts of niacin can help you pass a drug test.
Lets take a look at how to use niacin to get rid of marijuana from your urine.
- What is Niacin
- Flush Free Vs Regular
- How Many Milligram Niacin Pills to Use
- Is niacin detectable?
- Health Risks
- How to Use Niacin to Pass a Drug Test
What is Niacin
Simply put, its another name for vitamin B3.
Normally, most of us don’t need to take extra B3, but under some conditions supplementing maybe a good idea.
B vitamins are abundant in eggs, meats and cheeses. They are also available at lower levels in leafy greens and some vegetables.
People with restricted diets or B3 deficiencies may need to supplement niacin. top
Flush Free Vs Regular
Capillaries are little veins that are all over the body, providing a pathway for blood. Our skin, organs and fat have a dense capillary network that is for the most part unnoticeable.
Since niacin increases capillary blood flow, the skin becomes flush. Making it appear pink or red. This side effect of niacin can also make the skin feel slightly itchy and irritated.
Flush Free niacin in marketed as a alternative to regular niacin that causes a flushed appearance. This may not be helpful and may just be a lower dosed marketing scheme.
If you have used niacin before and don’t mind he flush, you can spare a few bucks by getting regular niacin. Both types will work the same. top
How Many Milligram Niacin Pills to Use
You can buy Niacin at any supplement shop, drug store and even some supermarkets.
As I mentioned before, it doesn’t matter if you use regular or flush free niacin, but flush-free maybe weaker.
In pill form, niacin is usually available at:
- 500mg (rare)
The milligrams you use depends on the type of method you wish to follow. For a 3 day or more detox flush, 100mg niacin pills should be fine.
A 24 hour detox would mean higher dosages, so 250mg pills would be better. top
Is niacin detectable?
Maybe, but it doesn’t matter. Vitamin B3 in urine is not an indication of tampering. Higher levels may just mean you eat more meat than usual. Lower levels just mean you eat less.
Unlike Goldenseal and other supplements, B3 is a mineral normally found in urine.
Taking Niacin will not make you fail a drug test. top
Getting vitamin B3 through from foods is perfectly safe. But supplementing B3, especially at high doses can cause health issues.
Doing a THC Niacin Detox means you will have to take excessive dosages. For this reason, we don’t recommend this method, instead check out our preferred THC Cleansing drinks.
Possible Side Effects:
- Stomach ulcers
- Low blood pressure
- Liver problems
- Blood glucose fluctuation
- Irritated skin
- Interactions with medication
Going over 500millagrams of niacin a day may result in serious problems. At the very least, you can expect irritation, stomach problems and diarrhea. Exceeding 1 to 2 grams will put your liver at risk.
How to Use Niacin to Pass a Drug Test
When you use marijuana or any other cannabis products. THC can be store in the body for up to 3 months after the last use.
Because of this, you can fail a drug test even if you haven’t used for weeks. You may be able to use niacin to speed up the detox processes.
By helping clear your system of drug metabolites like THC.
- How it Works
- How long does it take for niacin to clear your system?
- Two Most Common Methods
- Method One
- Method Two
How it Works
As a detox, there are two main actions of niacin that may be helpful:
- Increase capillary blood flow – At moderate to high dosage niacin increases blood flow. Allow for more nutrients and oxygen to travel through out the body. Improving cardiovascular health, oxidation and increasing the bloods ability to remove toxic byproducts.
- Breaking down lipids – Lipids are carried through the blood stream. Niacin breaks down these lipids assisting in its metabolizing, making them readily available as an energy source, instead of being stored. Reducing cholesterol levels overall.
When you smoke marijuana, the active cannabinoid THC is absorbed through the lungs. It is then metabolized and trapped by fat cells (lipids). Some of those cells are used for energy and make there way out of your body. Others are stored in body fat for future energy use.
Most people are only concerned about body fat where its most noticeable. Not thinking that there is a certain amount of fat under the all the skin. By increasing blood flow to capillaries, its possible for niacin to reach all of the places where THC is stored.
Potentially metabolizing more fats cells and speeding up the natural toxin flush.
Benefits of better blood flow
There are a bunch of health benefits attributed to increased blood flow. Nutrients will be reach more body tissue. Oxygen can travel to areas that may have reduced amounts. Toxins that have built up over time can also be gathered by blood and removed.
This means, niacin may help flush out all toxins. As long as they can be metabolized. Back
How long does it take for niacin to clear your system?
It all depends on your situation. A light cannabis smoker maybe able to clean their system in 24 hours. While a heavy set, everyday pot smoker will need more time.
If your a regular Cannabis user, you might be tempted to increasing the dosage, don’t.
This detox method already requires using too much niacin. Taking even more is a bad idea and will put your health at risk.
Niacin just aids your bodies normal detox process, which still takes time. Upping the amount of B3 will only result in liver failure.
Heavy smokers should try one of these THC detoxes instead.
Two Most Common Methods
Consult with your doctor before making any changes to diet, activity or using supplements. Health is more important that passing a pee test.
There are a few different ways you can use Niacin to flush out THC. But from we have discovered only 2 of these seem to have the best results.
- Method One – Safer and more of a long term detox. Requires smaller doses spread out 3 to 5 days. With plenty of water and exercise.
- Method Two – Higher doses over a 24 hour period. More chance of stomach issues and health risks.
A third method calls for taking 500mg pills with a half gallon of water, every 4-6 hours before a drug test.
This can pose significant health risks due to dosage, which can exceed 2 grams in 24hrs.
These instructions are very easy to follow and should be safe for most individuals. This method can be used for a 3 to 5 day detox.
You will be taking 300mg daily, spread out before each meal.
- Start every morning with 100mg niacin and 16oz to 32oz water
- 1 hour before lunch take another 100mg pill with a large glass of water
- 1 hour before dinner, 100mg with a larger glass of water
- Urinate frequently.
This method is best for those with short notice, usually 24hr to 48hr before a screening. Heavy smokers may also find this method beneficial.
250mg niacin pills will be spread out through the day, taken 3-4 times. Resulting in a total possible daily dose of 1 gram.
- Take first dose as soon as possible, follow with 32oz water
- Repeat every 6 hours for 24hours
- Last dose before screening, drink 1 gallon of water
- Urinate as much as possible before submitting sample
Here are a few helpful tips
No matter the method you chose, these tips should increase your odds of passing.
- Exercising, running, jogging or using a tread mill for about 30 minutes a day is not required, but can only help.
- If your screening is early in the day, skip breakfast or eat a light, low fat meal.
- Take your last dose, with plenty of water at least 3-4 hours before screening.
- If urine is too clear, a sports drink can add color.
Have you used this method in the past, did it work for you?
Let us know. We are always trying to get more feed back on different ways to detox.